Reporting to the Category Manager, you will be responsible for on-boarding and managing the relationship with key electronics suppliers. You will also be responsible for the P&L of all the electronics category accounts and will be expected to report on this. Additionally, your key responsibilities will include;
- Drive and grow the category and get assortments aligned with the commercial strategy based on the financial model. This will require collaboration with the merchandising, marketing and sales teams across the business.
- Be the expert: Understand your categories & the customers’ preferences. Apply this expertise to map out opportunities and create SMART objectives to service the unique sales channels and the entire Copia customer base.
- Works with merchandise analytics to assure best sellers are positioned prominently and are in stock. Additionally, negotiate supplier terms and promotional opportunities, while growing market segment share and margin.
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, constantly monitor market prices, product variety and new vendors & brands launching in the country.
- Develop and monetize the vertical categories in terms of assortment (SKU’s), pricing and availability aligned with Copia’s financial model
- Drive acquisition & deals: develop & manage Supplier portfolio pipeline, negotiations, and discounts ecosystem, focused on key events across the year
- Own the Vendor / Brand: Own and manage day-to-day relationships with assigned Suppliers / brands and support Customers order fulfilment.
- As Copia’s 1st point of contact with suppliers / brands, you are to ensure all prescribed requirements are collected, contracts are signed, and suppliers are trained ready to deliver as per Copia’s laid out procedures.
- Achieve Revenue, margin and OTIF targets as laid down at the departmental levels.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management.
- You have 2+ years of experience specific to e-commerce purchasing, product management, vendor management, in the electronics category.
- You have experience in negotiating with external vendors.
- You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills visual, written, and verbal
- You have the ability to network, gain trust with co-workers, open to new ideas, and can deliver a decision in a professional manner
- You have problem solving skills- identify and resolve problems in a creative, collaborative, and timely manner with a view of the big picture and making difficult decisions
- You are excellent in Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools to drive and influence business decisions
- You have the ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter, who is flexible, action and results oriented.
- You must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a key.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org