Are you ready to be part of a fast-growing business that is revolutionizing how customers access quality goods at affordable prices?
Copia Global is growing rapidly and is looking for an outstanding Cyber Security Specialist who will play a significant role in ensuring that we deliver our promise to our customers: We Make Living Easier – Every Day.
Who We Are:
Copia gives all consumers access to high- quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using www.copia.co.ke, USSD or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
- Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
- Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
- THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP of Technology; the Cyber Security Specialist will be responsible for innovation, implementation and support of systems that provide the tools for automating and securing the organization’s data and technology assets. Specifically, you will be accountable for:
- Performing vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on organizations infrastructure and applications in a bid to ensure that they are secure from external or internal hacking attempts.
- Researching on and providing technical security expertise on continuous persistent threats affecting the e-commerce industry to the Senior Manager, IT Security.
- Developing IT Security Policies, Minimum Baseline Security Standards in line with industry best practices and technologies, commensurate with risk and regulatory requirements and implementing the same cost effectively.
- Providing technical security related support to projects from inception through to successful implementation to ensure that security is inbuilt into the applications.
- Recognizing and providing solutions for IT Security related problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Appropriately and practically defending the information enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Monitoring internal and external threats, examine logs, events and alerts generated by multiple platforms for anomalous activity, evidence of security incidents and other error conditions that may constitute a breach in security or degradation of integrity or confidentiality of the organizations Information Technology systems and information assets.
- Continuously updating the IT security monitoring and assessment as required in view of the latest hacking techniques & also stay current on malware trends especially in the e-commerce industry and also adjust the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends.
- Supporting the implementation of procedural, operational and technical Security Architecture enhancements.
- Ensuring compliance to security standards, PCI/DSS, FIBS.
- Analyzing IT specifications to assess security risks
- Designing and implement safety measures and data recovery plans
- Installing, configuring and upgrading security software (e.g. antivirus programs)
- Securing networks through firewalls, password protection and other systems
- Inspecting hardware for vulnerable points of access
- Monitoring network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams
- Acting on privacy breaches and malware threats
- Serving as a security expert and conduct training when needed
- Drafting policies and guidelines
- Preferably a Bachelor Degree in ICT or Related Field from a recognized university.
- Must possess at least one security certification such as CISSP, CISM or COMPTIA+.
- MCSE and/or MCSD certification will be an added advantage.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge on hardware, software, networks, and data centers
- Experience in professional cybersecurity environment is plus
- Skills of perception and QA, ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Experience in Project Implementation and User Training is desired.
- Wide knowledge of web application security.
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptography protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS)
- Ability to think like a hacker and anticipate hacker moves
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics
- Forensic approach to challenges
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving attitude
- Excellent problem analysis and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of various e-commerce operations.
You are also:
- Customer-obsessed – You put the customer first in everything you do and are obsessed with creating a positive customer experience.
- Results oriented – You deliver results – end of story. You know what is needed and you make it happen.
- Fast paced – You have a sense of urgency and quickly move things forward. You know how to hustle.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team and always work well with others.
- Positive and fun – You are a joy to work with and you take learnings from everything you do.
Please click on the link below to apply by February 12, 2021: