Do you have proven working experience in Database Administration? Are you a professional DBA that has a strong customer service mentality and is team-driven to keep us up and running? If so, we might be the right fit for you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for support of database systems including but not limited to availability, performance, and reliability of database systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the database systems with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Perform database performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
- Implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet Copia’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Provide technical guidance for design, development, integration and testing of production PostgreSQL databases.
- Design BCP and HA solutions for PostgreSQL database systems in order to achieve required uptime SLA for mission-critical applications.
- Responsible for ensuring conformance to security standards for all PostgreSQL databases systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding preferred.
- 5+ years of experience engineering, administering and managing relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) in a high availability environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing relational databases on cloud platforms (AWS,
- Azure, etc)
- Experience in open-source SQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Maria DB)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Storage and Backup management, working in UNIX environment.
- Proficient in schema normalization, index tuning, performance enhancement via code refactoring, and bulk data import/extract.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in ERP systems will be an added advantage
You are also:
- Customer-centric – You put the customer first in everything you do. You are obsessed with fostering a positive customer experience.
- Prompt and decisive – You have a sense of urgency. You act promptly and with the intention to make things happen efficiently and effectively. You do what needs to be done immediately, without being asked, and in the most thorough way possible to achieve results.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team with the aim of adding value. You make positive contributions to team discussions that help the team move forward in achieving its goal
- Result-oriented – You deliver results boldly. You recognize what results are important and you take the necessary steps to achieve them.
- Positive and fun – You learn from everything you do. You also give and take constructive feedback.
Please click on the link below to apply by February 12, 2021