Are you ready to be part of a fast-growing business that is revolutionizing how customers access quality goods at affordable prices?
Copia Global is growing rapidly and is looking for an outstanding Finance Business Partner who will play a significant role in ensuring that we deliver our promise to our customers: We Make Living Easier – Every Day.
Who We Are:
Copia gives all consumers access to high- quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using www.copia.co.ke, USSD or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
- Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
- Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
- THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role is responsible for providing finance business partnering support as well as financial information and reporting to Copia’s senior management to support effective decision-making, planning and control. The role holder will be a strategic partner and influencer focused on value creation and growth by connecting strategy with execution through insightful analysis and prediction anchored on a relationship of trust. Specifically, you will:
- Counsel the leadership team on business decision partnering support; financial management and control; planning and analysis.
- Promote driver-based planning by identifying an organization’s key business and value drivers and then creating business plans and budgets based on these key drivers. The goal is highly valuable in helping management understand the true value-drivers or levers of their business, and how changes in these drivers can impact future business outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for sales and profit growth and optimization.
- Manage budget performance for Copia’s business. Influence and challenge day to day decisions across the business to ensure processes and activities are geared for maximum performance.
- Analyze how your company is performing against peers and competitors.
- Effectively manage financial and business risks through constant analysis and challenging of key departmental stakeholders to drive a performance culture.
- Identify areas of cost reduction or elimination and areas of reorganization.
- You have demonstrated experience in sales optimization and profit growth initiatives.
- You are results oriented with key demonstrated achievements in strategy formulation and performance monitoring of budgets and cash flow management.
- You have extensive experience in cost reduction programs, annual business planning and budgeting, and variance analysis.
- You have working knowledge of major accounting software programs and ERP.
- You have excellent analytical skills with results driven focus.
- You are Tech Savvy and have an enthusiasm for new technological advances and intellectual curiosity about what’s coming next
- You are a team leader and player with excellent verbal, written and communication skills (objective listening & appropriate response).
- You have technical accounting and Finance skills (IAS, IFRS)
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. – Innovative & creative solution seeker.
- You have business process improvements mindset
- You have the ability to anticipate & embrace changing market dynamics.
- You have strong ethics and are reliable.
You are also:
- Customer-obsessed – You put the customer first in everything you do and are obsessed with creating a positive customer experience.
- Results oriented – You deliver results – end of story. You know what is needed and you make it happen.
- Fast paced – You have a sense of urgency and quickly move things forward. You know how to hustle.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team and always work well with others.
- Positive and fun – You are a joy to work with and you take learnings from everything you do.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday 21st October 2020.