Are you ready to be part of a fast-growing business that is revolutionizing how customers access quality goods at affordable prices?
Copia Global is growing rapidly and is looking for an outstanding ERP Backend Developer who will play a significant role in ensuring that we deliver our promise to our customers: We Make Living Easier – Every Day.
Who We Are:
Copia gives all consumers access to high- quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using www.copia.co.ke, USSD or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
- Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
- Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
- THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.
About the Role:
We are looking for the best and the brightest web developers to add to our technology team. These individuals must have experience translating concepts and specifications into a usable and efficient line of business and public-facing applications using Python and PostgreSQL. They should also possess a keen eye for design, detail, and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform an end to end software development life cycle (SDLC) projects and activities.
- Simulation and modeling of software.
- Implement the localization or globalization of the software as per the market needs.
- Performance tuning, balancing, improvement, automation, and usability
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Produce technical specifications from design documents.
- Analyze user requirements and produce functional specifications if called upon to do so.
- Modify existing software-based on technical specifications.
- Locate and fix reported defects as required.
- Run unit tests to ensure developed software has the minimum of defect.
- Complete work to estimates and within previously agreed timescales.
- Complete all work, documentation or software, to the highest possible standards.
- Ensure that peer-to-peer code reviews are always done during a development cycle and that outcomes are used in bettering the products.
- Ensure that development process is followed and required coding processes carried out.
- Have a willingness and ability to learn and apply new development techniques.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Engineering or an Information Science related field or equivalent and relevant work-related experience and /or training.
- Minimum three years software development experience in a competitive environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Python / Java / PHP, HTML, CSS and XML.
- 3+ years of professional experience with RDMS preferably PostgreSQL, Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general tech landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in data warehousing, business analysis, knowledge in business systems modelling and data retrieval.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High sense of initiative.
- Good appreciation of change management.
- Should have good organizational skills.
- Note: Candidates with an accounting and / or e-Commerce and / or Odoo background will have an added advantage.
You are also:
- Customer-obsessed – You put the customer first in everything you do and are obsessed with creating a positive customer experience.
- Results oriented – You deliver results – end of story. You know what is needed and you make it happen.
- Fast paced – You have a sense of urgency and quickly move things forward. You know how to hustle.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team and always work well with others.
- Positive and fun – You are a joy to work with and you take learnings from everything you do.
Please click on the link below to apply by 12, February 2021.