Copia Global is looking for an outstanding In-House Graphic Designer to own everything design related – from understanding business/customer/Agent needs to concept creation to flawless final products.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be accountable for all design work, start-to-end within the organization. You will be creating material for various audiences (urban, rural, internal and external) to be used on different communication channels (web design, print etc.). Reporting to the VP Marketing and working very closely with other members of the marketing team, you will have considerable autonomy in creating effective designs for varying parts of our unique business.
Concept creation: Gathering input from relevant stakeholders across the business to determine key content, information flow, design layout etc. that is most appealing to the end user – whether that be Agents, Customers (urban or rural), or internal staff. Ensure you have understood the desired messaging.
Mock-up designs: Produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer program. Use industry norms and trends to produce the most effective and persuasive work possible.
Reviewing and editing work: Ability to look at your work from the point of view of various customer segments and examine how the design developed will be perceived by the customer and if it is conveying the desired message. Retouch photos where needed. Have a good eye for design, typography, and particularly, detail.
Final products: Using the most appropriate design software, produce flawless collateral and promotional materials. Incorporating images that you have taken and/or edited, illustrations you’ve drawn, design flows that make sense and persuasive messaging with right tone of voice, you provide a memorable final product.
Brand perfectionist: Ensure that our brand is always being accurately portrayed on all forms of communication, both internal and external; business cards, flyers, banners, online promotional branding, etc. Redesign when materials are not ‘on-brand.’
- Degree/Diploma in graphic design field
- 3-4 years working experience in a similar role
- Must have experience designing for both a rural and urban audience through eye-catching imagery and simple easily comprehendible language
- Must be equally proficient in digital and print design
- Meticulous attention to detail – ability to spot any tiny inconsistency or misplacement
- Conversant with a range of media and graphic design software, such as: Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Possess a wildly active imagination, with a proven track record of bringing ideas to life on paper or screen
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter in the form of a detailed email explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com