Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, you will ensure that Copia establishes and maintains an effective and efficient financial management system. You will provide finance business partnering support as well as financial information and reporting to Copia’s senior management to support effective decision-making, planning and control. You will implement and maintain sound financial management controls and ensures that these controls are adhered to by all Copia staff.
About the role;
- Counsel the leadership team on business decision partnering support and financial leadership as well as issues relating to accounting policies and procedures; financial management and control; planning and analysis.
- Timely and accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Budget co-ordination and performance management for Copia’s business in Kenya.
- Effective management of financial and business risks through constant analysis and challenging of departmental performance.
- Monitoring of all expenditure and financial transactions in relation to approved budget and financial management guidelines/policy and inform management to take corrective action.
- Identifying areas of cost reduction or elimination and areas of reorganization.
- Supervision of the finance department to ensure high quality financial services are provided to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Monthly review of all general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness of posted transactions.
- Liaison with the external auditors to ensure a smooth execution of the year end audit.
- Liaison with government bodies on both corporate and value added tax matters. Ensure VAT audits are timely and obtain offset of any claims against other tax payments. Ensure timely preparation and submission of tax computations and returns.
- Liaison with the Company Secretary to ensure full compliance with all Company Secretarial requirements.
- Day to day monitoring of Standard Operating Procedures. Ensuring that sound internal controls are in place and that all key processes are documented and in compliance with Company Policies.
- Managing the Treasury Function to ensure compliance with Treasury Policies. Managing the cash flow position to ensure availability of funds to meet day to day requirements.
- Liaison with various banks on banking facilities and all other banking services provided to the company.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- You have led teams of not less than Ten (10).
- You have at least 8 years of experience in a senior financial management position in a large, transaction driven organization.
- In depth knowledge of International Accounting Standards and tax regulations.
- You are results oriented with key demonstrated achievements in strategy formulation and performance monitoring of budgets and cash flow management.
- You are have knowledge of major accounting software programmes and ERP.
- You have extensive experience in cost reduction programmes, annual business planning and budgeting, and variance analysis.
- You have analytical skills with a results driven focus.
- You have experience with venture capital/private equity fundraising.
- You have experience in business process improvement.
- You have experience in budget development and forecasting.
- You have the ability to embrace changing market dynamics.
- You are a team leader and player with excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- You have a high level of integrity.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org