Are you ready to be part of a fast-growing business that is revolutionizing how customers access quality goods at affordable prices?
Copia Global is growing rapidly and is looking for an outstanding Human Resource Officer who will play a significant role in ensuring that we deliver our promise to our customers: We Make Living Easier – Every Day.
Who We Are:
Copia gives all consumers access to high- quality goods and services, regardless of their income level, access to technology or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using www.copia.co.ke, USSD or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
- Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods and services to traditionally underserved customers and locations
- Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
- THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, you will help the HR department manage the employee lifecycle through designing and encouraging an employee experience that leads to retention, achievement of business results, employee engagement and a great place to work.
Specifically, you will:
- Implement our overall recruitment strategy.
- Implement our onboarding program.
- Support in building a learning organization.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers.
- Manage and resolve employee relation issues.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Support in building and maintaining an engaged workforce.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Analyze trends and HR metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- You have a BSc/BA in business administration, social studies, or higher diploma in human resource.
- You have 5 years’ proven experience as HR officer or any other HR positions.
- You have demonstrated human resource management knowledge and expertise.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of Kenyan labor laws.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- You are an excellent problem-solver and decision-maker
- You have strong ethics and are reliable
You are also:
- Customer-centric – You put the customer first in everything you do. You are obsessed with fostering a positive customer experience.
- Prompt and decisive – You have a sense of urgency. You act promptly and with intention to make things happen efficiently and effectively. You do what needs to be done immediately, without being asked and in the most thorough way possible to achieve results.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team with the aim of adding value. You make positive contributions to team discussions that help the team move forward in achieving their goal
- Result oriented – You deliver results boldly. You recognize what results are important and you take the necessary steps to achieve them.
- Positive and fun – You learn from everything you do. You also give and take constructive feedback.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 21st October 2020.