Copia is growing extremely fast and is seeking an outstanding Learning and Development Manager to ensure that the capabilities of our team keep up with the demands of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations and Capability, the three primary customers of Learning and Development are the Sales team, the Customer Care team and the Logistics team. You will create a learning and development management system, develop content and programs and deliver training yourself. Initially this position is an individual contributor role but we expect the team to grow over time.
- Co-coordinating all aspects of Sales Trainee On boarding including content management/modification, content delivery, post-on boarding coaching and follow-up training reminders.
- Creating and delivering ongoing training to sales teams and sales leaders at monthly regional sales meetings as well as other forums.
- Developing e-learning programs to complement in-person training for sales teams.
- Spending time in the field to coach and identify training gaps for the sales teams.
- Creating, delivering and coordinating all aspects of on boarding and ongoing training for the Customer Care team.
- Identifying training needs for the Logistics teams (drivers and driver assistants) and developing programs to meet those needs.
- Providing any other requested support to the organization – .e.g Warehouse Health and Safety training
- Working with any third parties that might be used to provide supplemental training – such as specific management training.
- Developing a competency and career path model for sales teams.
- You have 5 years + of Learning and Development experience, ideally some of it in a fast growing organization with lots of change.
- You are an expert in curriculum development and have proven experience in developing useful and impactful training materials for both trainers and learners.
- You have extensive experience in training and capability for field-based sales teams and ideally also have experience with either Customer Care or Logistics or Leadership/Management Development training.
- You have experience using technology for training delivery including the creation of e-learning programs and micro-learning (SMS or What’s App training)
- You are a passionate and excellent trainer with people always demanding your services.
- You have no problem getting your hands dirty to find out what people should be trained on – you proactively decide to shadow in the field and translate your learnings into actionable, impactful learning lessons.
- You are accustomed to working with youthful and relatively inexperienced learners who have not previously been exposed to formal business training.
- You are fluent in both English and Kiswahili
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.