Copia Global is growing rapidly and is looking for an outstanding Merchandising & Marketing Assistant who will play a significant role in ensuring that we deliver our promise to our customers: We Make Living Easier – Every Day.
Who We Are:
Copia brings all consumers a high-quality shopping service, regardless of their income level, access to technology or location. By harnessing mobile technologies, a network of last-mile Agents and proprietary logistics technology, Copia serves a high growth market that formal retail and e-commerce cannot penetrate.
Customers place orders online or offline – using www.copia.co.ke, USSD or our network of over 20,000+ digitally connected last-mile Agents located across 16 counties. Our internally managed, technology-enabled warehousing and logistics operation delivers the order to the Agent in 2-4 days.
Working with Copia will give you an opportunity to:
- Have IMPACT by bringing accessibility to affordable goods to traditionally underserved customers and locations
- Quickly GROW your professional skillset by being part of a fast-paced, high growth and innovative organization.
- THRIVE in a fun and entrepreneurial culture that values input and action from all.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Merchandising & Marketing Manager, the core of your role will be understanding the full marketing mix and be familiar with ways to analyse market research and customer’s behaviour. You will also create spreadsheets and analyse quantitative data to interpret ROI and KPI metrics. Ultimately, you will help the Marketing team achieve the business goals through building strong marketing campaigns based on data and performance insights. Specifically, you will be accountable for:
- Driving sales and increasing Gross Margin on a weekly basis
- Gathering and analysing consumer behaviour data
- Create reports on Marketing and Sales metrics to improve performance
- Assist with organizing promotional events/programs
- Coordinate with the Marketing Design and Merchandising teams to create advertising material (e.g Promotional Brochures & Newsletters)
- Keep organized records of marketing metrics and results of past campaigns
- Monitor competitors’ marketing activities
- A marketing degree or relevant field
- You have proven experience as a marketing assistant
- You have a good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- You have excellent knowledge of MS Office
- You have excellent analytical abilities
- Exquisite communication and people skills
You are also:
- Customer-obsessed – You put the customer first in everything you do and are obsessed with creating a positive customer experience.
- Results oriented – You deliver results – end of story. You know what is needed and you make it happen.
- Fast paced – You have a sense of urgency and quickly move things forward. You know how to hustle.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team and always work well with others.
- Positive and fun – You are a joy to work with and you take learnings from everything you do.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com