As the Procurement Logistics Officer, the primary role of this job is to manage packaging material and finished goods transportation processes including customer and carrier relations, liaison with the procurement, commercial and warehouse teams. This role will ensure timely logistical support including delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified internal stakeholders. The role holder will also be responsible for managing importation plans, local and international freight procurement and payment, tracking of suppliers and equipment and working with the procurement team to ensure high quality bidding and supplier selection processes.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery of supplies and equipment for both local and international orders to the specified locations and proactively liaise with relevant departments to clarify relevant specifications.
- Assist in drafting and evaluating bid proposals; solicit and negotiate competitive pricing from vendors and makes recommendations for issuance of purchase orders.
- Manage customer exceptions and freight claims gathering further details and performing an initial investigation.
- Understand the regulation and documentation around the importation of goods in Copia’s product portfolio.
- Maintain a database of vendors and prequalified suppliers. Investigate and resolve complex problems associated with outside vendor documentation to process purchase orders, waivers, payments.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Prepare and submits procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure proper planning of procurement and logistics.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure adequate availability of storage space for imported products.
- Ensure that products delivered to the warehouse are of the required quality and quantity, with regular stock reports being circulated to internal stakeholders.
- Track key performance indicators for procurement logistics.
- Coordinate return movements due to order/shipment errors or customer complaints.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional qualifications in purchasing and supplies management
- 3 years’ experience in full life cycle procurement logistics preferably for a large fast-growing retail or trading organization with multiple procurement requirements
- You have an expert level of knowledge in procurement including, but not limited to sourcing, pricing, contracts, relationship management and due diligence on suppliers and contractors.
- You have competency in freight cost control, delivery quality and efficiency. Also manages customer exceptions and freight claims.
- You can quickly learn and improve systems
- You have technical competence in spreadsheet programs
- You have experience working with an ERP (Experience working with Odoo will be an added advantage)
- You have strong leadership ability
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have problem solving skills
- You have planning and organization skills
- You can analyze and interpret data and adequately communicate and present the findings to senior management
- You have attention to details
- You can handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- You can be adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- You have a high level of integrity and ethical behavior
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter in the form of a detailed email explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com