Copia is growing extremely fast and is seeking an outstanding Production Supervisor. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for production operations & guaranteeing demand fulfilment. Specifically, you will:
- Lead, and supervise the team by providing clear manufacturing targets in order to accomplish production results.
- Build tactical capabilities and drive a sustainable improvement process by integrating proven and practical tools and processes resulting in:
- improving customer service and manufacturing performance
- reducing operating costs,
- reducing capital requirement
- building sustainable manufacturing capabilities
- achieving cost reduction and service improvements in meeting financial and customer service objectives
- Resolve problems concerning manufactured product, or customer issues pointing to production.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Schedule and conduct regular maintenance in close liaison with the equipment supplier
- Supervise and coordinate activities of employees engaged in inspecting and testing Raw and Packaging Materials as well as Finished Products through the stages of the Packing Process whilst applying knowledge of quality assurance standards and procedures:
- Review quality assurance instructions, packing specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, and work assignments.
- Direct employees in quality assurance inspection and testing, to assure that establishment and regulatory standards are met.
- Interpret and support quality policies and implement guidelines to ensure compliance with quality standards and documents
- Continuously monitor availability of material inputs into production and report any unsolved discrepancies
- Monitor to ensure 100% use of ERP to capture Manufacturing Information.
- Prepare and send related reports on a periodic basis to Internal Stakeholders on manufacturing volume, spending, Line Utilization performance, Overall Equipment Efficiency, Production Safety KPI’s, near-miss and incidents, Shift Duration & Output details, Customer Service Measures like Manufacturing Order Fill Rates and Manufacturing Order Velocity, Manufacturing news and key projects.
- Ensure that operators of manufacturing equipment receive proper instruction and refresher training needed to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to or misuse of manufacturing equipment
- Comply with the occupational health & safety and standard sets in the Health & Safety Management System
- You have 5 Years Production Supervisory experience
- You have experience in Quality Control – this is a mandatory requirement.
- You have an Undergraduate Degree in Food Science
- You have experience in packing of Grains, Cereals, Sugar
- You are familiar with safety related laws & regulations
- You have ERP Systems experience would be an advantage.
- You have broad knowledge of production planning processes
- You have high integrity and ethical standards
- You are a team player
- You are good problem solver.
- Proficiency in process mapping techniques and tools (Lean, Six Sigma) with a continuous improvement mindset
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.