Copia is growing extremely fast and is seeking an outstanding Sales Training Manager to ensure that the capabilities of our teams keep up with the demands of the business and that our Agents have the necessary training to effectively acquire, retain and up-sell customers. Reporting to the VP Sales, the Sales Training Manager will work with our field based sales teams, our delivery teams and our telesales teams to ensure that they have the required capabilities to most effectively drive revenue through the Agent network. You will also be responsible for owning the Agent Training framework and working closely with Agent trainers in the field. This is a very critical, hands-on, individual contributor role and you will be developing and delivering content and programs yourself as well as training trainers. Specifically you will:
- Develop the correct messaging and mediums to effectively train Agents – this may include group or individual training sessions (in person or on phone), utilizing booklets, video, SMS or other channels. You will own the Agent Training agenda to update it when new products or services are included and to continually improve it.
- Train all relevant team members – field, inside, delivery – on how to most effectively deliver this training.
- Co-coordinate all aspects of Sales Trainee On-boarding including content development, content delivery, post on-boarding coaching and follow-up training reminders. You will own this training agenda and continually update it and optimize on it.
- Create and deliver ongoing training to sales teams and sales leaders at monthly regional sales meetings as well as other forums.
- Develop e-learning programs to complement in-person training for sales teams.
- Spend time in the field to coach and identify training gaps for the sales teams and Agents.
- Developing a competency and career path model for sales teams.
- Create, deliver and coordinate all aspects of on-boarding and ongoing training for the Customer Care team.
- Provide any other requested support to the organization.
- Work with any third parties that might be used to provide supplemental training.
- You have 7 years + of Sales Training experience, ideally some of it in a fast-growing organization with lots of change.
- You are an expert in curriculum development and have proven experience in developing useful and impactful training materials for both trainers and learners.
- You have extensive experience in training and capability for both field-based sales teams and telesales teams. Ideally you also have experience with inbound Customer Care roles.
- You are tech savvy and delight in using technology for training delivery including the creation of e-learning programs and micro-learning (SMS or What’s App training). This includes being able to create these yourself with programs such as Articulate.
- You are a passionate and excellent trainer with people always demanding your services.
- You have no problem getting your hands dirty to find out what people should be trained on – you proactively decide to shadow in the field and translate your learnings into actionable, impactful learning lessons.
- You are accustomed to working with youthful and relatively inexperienced learners who have not previously been exposed to formal business training.
- You are fluent in both English and Kiswahili
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.