Reporting to the Head of Copia Online, the role is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and clickable prototypes to deliver the best online user experience.
Specifically, you will be accountable for:
- Researching, gathering, and evaluating user requirements and collaborate with users, product managers and engineers from conception to go live.
- Facilitating the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products (App, Desktop, PWA).
- Designing incredibly simple, elegant, and intuitive mobile, desktop and device flows and experiences for www.copia.co.ke.
- Producing wireframes, visual designs, style guides and pattern libraries.
- Creating working UI prototypes and or clickables using user-centered design approach and rapidly testing and iterating designs.
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback gathered.
- Identifying design problems, devising elegant solutions, and championing new ideas.
- Creating in-app/web animations for mobile and desktop applications to drive engagement and improve on-site conversion.
- Constantly measuring impact of web/app iterations on the website/app conversion rates.
- Reporting on impact of each iteration correlating them to the main business objectives.
- You have 5 years’ experience in graphics design, motion graphics and UI/UX Design.
- You have knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Balsamiq Mockup and InVision)
- You are proficient in UI/UX design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD and Figma)
- You have experience in design software like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- You have a strong understanding of the user-centered design process. Experience working in an agile-based environment is a plus.
- You are experienced in animation and editing tools such as Adobe after effects and Adobe Premiere pro.
- UX writing skills is an added advantage
You are also:
- Customer-centric – You put the customer first in everything you do. You are obsessed with fostering a positive customer experience.
- Prompt and decisive – You have a sense of urgency. You act promptly and with intention to make things happen efficiently and effectively. You do what needs to be done immediately, without being asked and in the most thorough way possible to achieve results.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team with the aim of adding value. You make positive contributions to team discussions that help the team move forward in achieving their goal
- Result oriented – You deliver results boldly. You recognize what results are important and you take the necessary steps to achieve them.
- Positive and fun – You learn from everything you do. You also give and take constructive feedback.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com