We are looking for the best and the brightest web developers to add to our technology team. These individuals must have experience translating concepts and specifications into a usable and efficient line of business and public-facing applications using WordPress. They should also possess a keen eye for design, detail, and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform an end to end software development life cycle (SDLC) projects and activities.
- Simulation and modeling of software.
- Testing software and assuring its quality.
- Implement the localization or globalization of the software as per the market needs.
- Performance tuning, balancing, improvement, automation, and usability.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Produce technical specifications from design documents.
- Analyze user requirements and produce functional specifications if called upon to do so.
- Modify existing software, based on technical specifications.
- Locate and fix reported defects as required.
- Run unit tests to ensure developed software has the minimum of defects.
- Complete work to estimates and within previously agreed timescales.
- Complete all work, documentation or software, to the highest possible standards.
- Provide assistance to all departments in the resolution of issues.
- Ensure that peer-to-peer code reviews are always done during a development cycle and that outcomes are used in bettering the products.
- Ensure that the development process is following and required coding processes carried out.
- Have a willingness and ability to learn and apply new development techniques.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Engineering or an Information Science related field or equivalent and relevant work-related experience and /or training.
- Minimum three years of web development experience in a competitive environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience in PHP and WordPress.
- Experience working with front end frameworks like VueJS, Angular etc
- Experience creating/modifying WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience implementing web designs as provided by the designers into actual sites.
- Experience with designing responsive websites.
- Working knowledge of the general tech landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High sense of initiative.
- Good appreciation of change management skills.
- Should have good organizational skills.
Note: Candidates with an e-Commerce or frontend design background will have an added advantage.
You are also:
- Customer-centric – You put the customer first in everything you do. You are obsessed with fostering a positive customer experience.
- Prompt and decisive – You have a sense of urgency. You act promptly and with the intention to make things happen efficiently and effectively. You do what needs to be done immediately, without being asked, and in the most thorough way possible to achieve results.
- A team player – You proactively contribute to the team with the aim of adding value. You make positive contributions to team discussions that help the team move forward in achieving its goal
- Result-oriented – You deliver results boldly. You recognize what results are important and you take the necessary steps to achieve them.
- Positive and fun – You learn from everything you do. You also give and take constructive feedback.
Please click on the link below to apply by February 12, 2021