Copia Global is looking for an outstanding Vehicle Sourcing and Performance Supervisor who will be accountable for facilitating & improving the sourcing of vehicles in support of an efficient and effective delivery function of the company that entails customer service, order fulfillment, control tower management, transportation & logistics services in the respective national boundary of the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be accountable for all components of Vehicle Sourcing and Performance Management including Control Tower Management, Transportation, Fleet Management across all Fulfilment Centers and Depots in Kenya.
You will also direct the efforts of fleet personnel, ensuring a safe, efficient and cost competitive corporate fleet operation which encompasses vehicle and equipment budgeting, procurement, operation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, operator safety and training, fuel purchase and dispensing, rental and lease equipment sourcing, and related cost analysis, accounting and reporting; as well as accelerating the adoption of successful practices through center of excellence implementations, and partnering with Supply Chain leadership.
Specifically, you will:
Demonstrate leadership to the Team
- Lead, and supervise the team by providing clear targets and goals. Encourage and develop team members and constantly upgrade their skills by training and coaching regarding Vehicle Sourcing and Performance Management.
- Implement positive recognition for outstanding contribution but also address problem cases when necessary.
- Promote responsible and respectful working environment.
- Build organizational readiness in the areas of Fleet Management and Control Tower Management by supporting local sales by getting the right organizational structures in place (right people in the right roles with the right skills), aligning and standardizing on key metrics in Delivery.
Customer Service in Logistics (Control Tower)
- Build local tactical capabilities and drive a sustainable improvement process by integrating proven and practical tools and processes on the path to best in class performance resulting in:
- improving customer service and delivery performance
- reducing operating costs,
- reducing capital requirement
- building sustainable logistical capabilities
- achieve cost reduction and service improvements in meeting financial and customer service objectives prioritized by the management
- Direct outbound delivery operations, such as transportation activities, safety performance, or Delivery Quality Management.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems on Delivery.
- Implement specific customer requirements; such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, or customer issues.
- Communicate freight transportation information to agents or service providers to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Design models for use in evaluating delivery programs or services.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes
- Implement continuous improvements to internal or external delivery systems or processes.
- Assess Delivery operations, collaborate and support with the Delivery Manager to determine appropriate actions and provide resources where internal capabilities are exhausted.
- Support development of capital plans in Delivery operations, Infrastructure, fleet, transportation and delivery vehicle
- Confirmation of Driver Assistants present each day at 6:30 AM
- Confirmation of returns from DA’s ensure returns information tally with what DA inputs in the delivery APP
- Check information on the order summaries, dispatch summaries and driver sheets is correct before issuing to the Driver assistants.
- Check availability of phones and phone chargers in the trucks and that they are in working condition
- Confirmation of Re-deliveries available on the dashboard and in the APP
- Monitor to ensure 100% order scanning is achieved, all delivery trips started, and all trucks departed before 8:30 AM
- Call the Depot Supervisors to ensure trucks departure time remains strictly at 08:30am
- Schedule and ensure inbound collection is done on time and give feedback to procurement
- Continuously monitor deliveries status and report any unsolved discrepancies to the Delivery Manager
- Inform Customer Service on (potential) delays impacting agreed service levels and negative status codes.
- Manage unauthorized drops and call Driver Assistants regarding long stops for more than 10 minutes.
- Prepare and circulate correct daily performance reports by 10:00 AM
- Check and give information to the Delivery Manager regarding Driver Assistants who require training on App Usage, Map reading and general job training
- Ensure email response is done within the hour of activity check and give appropriate feedback to both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and ensure trucks return to the depot on the same day for preloading
- Confirmation of outstanding deliveries and communication to planning team for proper planning
- Compile and send returns report at the end of the day
- Confirmation of end trip and checking inbound collection report from procurement
- Monitor driver behavior and report to Delivery Manager if corrective action is needed.
- Comply with the company’s corporate responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within Copia management systems.
- At anytime and anywhere perform the activities and display the behaviors that are designed to deliver a distinctive Customer Experience.
- Keep a log of all transport vehicles in the distributed locations and exercise oversight of as well as oversee fleet maintenance.
- Manage the company’s pool of Drivers and Driver Assistants.
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections
- Develop and circulate monthly reports
- Oversee proper use of fueling system.
- Conduct safety meetings
- Ensure Service Delivery despite repairs schedule for transport resources
- Comply with State Laws and County Laws on occupational health & safety in transport
- Develop, maintain and adhere to vehicle safety procedures as well as driver and delivery assistant orientation programs
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment in the fleet are properly maintained, registered, licensed, tested and, to the extent appropriate, operated in accordance with county regulations and state regulations.
- Ensure that operators of vehicles and equipment in the fleet receive proper instruction and refresher training needed to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to or misuse of vehicles and equipment comprising the fleet
- Build strong partnerships with all fleet customer segments, ensuring that services, vehicles, and equipment provided are satisfying the transportation and equipment needs of the users dispersed across these operational networks.
- Competently manage the fleet procurement, rental and leasing processes and the fleet maintenance and operations support areas, ensuring that fleet availability, performance, user satisfaction, and costs are such that the company’s fleet consistently out ranks budgetary targets
- Specify new and replacement vehicles, ensuring that vehicles and equipment are rated and suitable for their intended use and purpose
- Review, critique and, when finalized, approve of vehicle replacement and lease recommendations ensuring that the total cost of the fleet are minimized to the extent possible
- Recruit, organize, train, develop, lead, motivate, direct the efforts and manage the performance of the employees comprising Fleet Services and Control Tower
- Cultivate and foster a team environment, establish team and individual performance goals aligned with company goals, monitor progress toward the completion of these goals and bridge performance gaps in a timely manner, ensuring excellent workforce productivity and achievement of all or most of Company’s goals and objectives
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & REPORTING
- Prepare and send related reports on a periodic basis to Delivery Manager and VP – Supply Chain on logistics volume, spending, Logistics Service Provider (LSP) performance, Distribution Safety KPI’s, near-miss and incidents, Returns report, App Usage, Ontime Departure, Ontime Delivery Customer Service Measures like Order Fill Rates and Order Velocity, logistics news and key projects.
- Execute other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time as assigned by your supervisor.
- Undergraduate Degree in Supply Chain Management, engineering or business.
- Minimum 5 years Fleet, Logistics & Transportation management related working experiences and 2 years supervisory experience in FMCG, or Courier industry
- Familiar with logistics operation & safety related laws & regulations
- Systems experience would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Office productivity packages, internet and e-mail – intermediary
- You have an excellent understanding of logistics policy development framework
- You have an excellent understanding of logistics performance management tools, and strategic logistics processes.
- You have an excellent understanding of outsourced services management
- You have an excellent understanding of customer relationship management processes
- You have an excellent understanding of fleet management
- You have good skills in managing a logistics process within an ERP environment including knowledge of e-commerce
- You have good Project management skills
- You are a person of high integrity and ethical standards
- You have good analytical skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with excellent influencing skills
- You have a high level of Initiative and self-drive
- You have problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid oral and written communication and presentation skills at all levels
- You are proficient in process mapping techniques and tools (Lean, Six Sigma) with a continuous improvement mindset