Reporting to the VP Sales, you will be fully accountable for revenue growth and service operations in your region. This position is a key member of the sales leadership team and will be accountable for all channels in the region – e.g. retailers, agricultural institutions, chamas. Specifically, you will:
- Aggressively accelerate revenue growth
- Lead and oversee the recruitment and development of an active, engaged and high performing Agent network through both internal and third-party recruitment and development models
- Consistently monitor results and take proactive actions to counter any signs of slowing growth.
- Manage third party and internal Field Sales Associates and, in the future, Area Managers.
- Ensure that sales costs do not exceed budgeted levels.
- Consistently provide proactive and constructive feedback and ideas from the field to the corporate teams on matter such as agent commissions, incentives, merchandising and more.
- You have 10+ years’ experience in field sales, specifically in distribution and Agent networks.
- Execution experience in Western/Nyanza is highly desirable.
- You have a proven track record of rapid revenue growth, ideally growing a large business from a small business.
- You are an experienced manager and enjoy selecting, training, coaching and developing field sales associates and young managers
- You can think strategically to identify issues that are holding sales back and work effectively across the organization and with your team to quickly address these issues.
- You have demonstrated business acumen.
- You operate with a sense of urgency – every single day.
- You thrive in entrepreneurial environments where you have considerable scope to shape your region and work effectively without supervision.
- You are a team player who develops effective interpersonal relationships across the organization.
- At the end of the day, you know that results are all that matter – and that’s what you strive for – day in, day out.
- You are fluent in English and Swahili
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.